Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Pursuit of Life?

Lexie and Jim Pursuing "Life"

Pam and I recent saw the movie - "The Pursuit of Happyness" with Will Smith about the real life Chris Gardner and man does it really put into perspective "having and not having". Makes you think about the times you complain because your cable bill is too high or your internet access is not functioning. Pam and I both gave it a 5-star Brice rating (see recent movies list).

The movie and other events got me thinking about the game of "Life" and here I mean the Milton-Bradley board game. From what I remember the goal was to accumulate wealth, children, assets, etc. He with the most stuff won the game! Kinda weird concept that MB taught us younguns. Isn't life about making the most of every moment? Those times when Lexie and I are playing together or making silly jokes and laughing....that's what I think "Life" is and its a heck of a lot rosier than worrying about how big my paycheck is or why I ever got rid of TiVO. Maybe the little cards in the game should have said - "You just spent a quality day with your kids!" rather than "You won 5000.00 in the lottery!"

No comments: