Sunday, December 23, 2007

Going Under (Pinky Part Deux)

I had surgery on my pinky (see previous post) on Wednesday Dec 19th and it was my first opportunity to "go under". I've never had the pleasure of missing set moments of my life by a thoughtful choice (pause for the cough....ehem). Anyway last thing I remember was the OR and sliding my fanny over to the operating table then....PWOIP I'm drinking a Sprite in the recovery room.....Amazing.

So far the recovery has been tolerable apart from the nagging itching from the cast that ran down to my elbow. I've only had to pop the narcotics now and then mainly for ease of sleep.

I have come to find out over the course of these past few days that your pinky, an often overlooked digit in life, is actually very useful in the whole hand scheme of things.

No comments: